Sunday, 17 May 2015

The story of Rangi and Papa

As part of our learning around the Creation Story, we have been looking at the Maori Creation story of Rangi and Papa.  We have read it and watched it on Youtube and last week, using the Maori koru pattern, we created beautiful sun images using crayon and dye.  These will form a part of a wall display showing our understanding of Myths and how they tell a story or explain something that has happened.  We have also been comparing the two stories to see if we can find similarities and differences.



The kids took these photos using the iPads.  I often find all sorts of interesting photography and recorded images when I clear out the memory on the devices.  I have to say we are all very sensible with technology in Room 13 and I have found some very clever photography and movie making.

No comments:

Post a Comment